Gatton School is a voluntary aided primary school. We have a commitment to an inclusive education and strive to maintain a high quality teaching and learning environment for all children within an Islamic ethos. We place a high value on establishing close links between home and school so that we can effectively work together to achieve the best for each child. Parents are welcomed to attend special programmes in the school. There are opportunities to share in events such as assemblies. We also try to keep you informed about school life through our newsletters and prearranged parent consultation evenings that inform parents of progress. This is supplemented with written reports.
Our aims and Ethos
Our aim is to create a caring, warm, Islamic atmosphere within which pupils can develop to their full potential. Through the teaching and practice of Islam, in the light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah, we aim to help our pupils to develop a love for Allah (Subhaana wa Ta’aalaa) and confidence in their identity as young Muslim children.
By providing stimulating and differentiated work, setting tasks and goals that are achievable, we aim to acknowledge and actively encourage all abilities within the school. Our target is to continually assess and positively reward the effort and progress made by our pupils. We have high expectations of our pupils, not only in academic excellence but also in standards of behaviour, appearance and character, both inside and outside the school. We hope to equip our pupils with the skills to face the challenges of today’s changing world by encouraging communication, personal growth and confidence at all levels and a respect for all the creation of Allah.
We hope insh’Allah to maintain close co-operation between the school, parents and the wider community.
Our specific aims are therefore to:
- Establish Gatton Primary School as a caring and respectful community where pupils, parents and staff feel welcome, safe and valued as individuals
- Help every individual pupil to develop confidence, self-esteem, ambition and self-discipline
- Teach all areas of the curriculum in a way that is accessible and challenging for pupils
- Develop a school environment where quality and attainment is valued
- Maintain professionalism and teamwork amongst staff
- Encourage children to feel responsible for the school, community and the environment
- Work in partnership with parents for the benefit of the pupils