Curriculum Overview - View
The Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) has said: The best amongst you is the one who learns and teaches the Qur'an.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5027]
Here at Gatton Primary School, we believe that Islamic Studies is the most essential part of a child’s educational and social development. We use this lesson to teach our children about our Islamic ethos. We are committed to providing the highest quality of Islamic education for all our children - which will enable them to reach their full potential and attain the levels of knowledge, understanding, and Taqwa for their future lives.
Islamic Studies is taught every day in which the children are taught Surahs, Du’aas, Islamic education, and Qur'an recitation. At Gatton Primary School we have a whole department devoted to Islamic Studies. These individuals are dedicated and committed to ensuring that our children receive the highest calibre of Islamic knowledge.
Throughout the year, our Islamic Studies lessons are split into four categories; Fiqh (Jurisprudence), Aqaaid (beliefs), Tareekh (Islamic History), and Akhlaaq Wa Aadaab (Mannerisms).
Our aim is for pupils to:
- Fluent readers of the Qur'an
- Confident reciters of Surahs and Du’aas
- Be able to have basic knowledge in Islamic Jurisprudence
- Be able to have basic knowledge in Islamic History
- Be able to have basic knowledge in Islamic Beliefs
- Have mannerisms and character that mirrors that of Our beloved Nabi (may peace be upon him)
Nabi Muhammad (ﷺ)) has said: When Allah wants Khair for anyone, he educates them in Deen.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]