Gatton Primary School understands that music can inspire and motivate children, and play an important role in their personal development. Music can also help children develop a greater appreciation of the world we live in, by understanding different cultures and societies.
We deliver a music curriculum that reflects national curriculum requirements, and compliments the Islamic ethos of the School. The curriculum is split up into three units: Singing, Drumming & Appraising and each unit ends with a musical performance that complements our termly CHES themes (See C.H.E.S policy).
By the end of Key stage two our pupils will:
- Learn to sing and use their voices through Nasheeds (songs) and Qur’an recitation.
- Have the opportunities to learn how to play the Duff, Darbuka and Djembe drums.
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres styles and traditions.
- Create and compose music on their own and alongside their peers.
- Use technology to record and edit music
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.