1. Governing Body’s Role & Responsibilities:
- To provide strategic Leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
- Ensure accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
- To ensure people with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity serves on the board.
- Put in place structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- To ensure compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- To evaluate and improve the quality and impact of governance.
2. Aims of the School and the Role of the Governing Body
- Raise the educational achievement of all its pupils for all subjects through rigorous analyses of data.
- Safety, happiness and wellbeing of all our children
- Ensuring adherence to the DfE and LA requirements
- Ensuring strong SMSC provision and Islamic Ethos.
- Ensuring the vision of “excellence in education, values and building strong community links” is adhered to and enhanced.
- Financial frameworks and accountability
- Financial management and monitoring
- Staffing and performance management
- Collaborative work with other Trust Schools and settings
- Make provision for external moderation and accountability
3. The composition of the Board of Governors is from the following categories;
- 7 Foundation governors: appointed by the Al-Risalah Education Trust
- 2 Parent Governors: elected by the parents
- 2 staff governors; Head teacher and another member elected by staff body
- LA governor; appointed by the Wandsworth Council
- 2 Co-opted governors: co-opted by the governing body
4. Committee’s structure of the Governing Body
- Parents, Pupils and Partnerships Committee
- Teaching and Learning Committee
- Resources Committee
- Admissions Committee
5. Publication of statutory governors' information
View governors’ information 2016 - 2017
View governors’ information 2017 - 2018
View governors’ information 2018 - 2019
View governors’ information 2019 - 2020
View governors’ information 2020 - 2021
View governors' information 2021 - 2022